LEARN TO BOWL FOR FREE
YOUTH TEAM CLICK HERE
FREE COACHING SESSIONS AVAILABLE
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FREE
(FLAT SOLED SHOES REQUIRED)
ALL AGES WELCOME
SOCIAL EVENINGS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
CLUB HOUSE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GROUPS
CONTACT US (Click Link to email)
Tel: 01273 236210
- Leads; How to set the mat and how far it can be place from the ditch.
- Leads; How far can the jack be from a) the mat b) from the ditch.
- Leads; Collecting the woods when you team has ‘lost’ the previous end.
- Skips; Adjusting the jack centrally
- Number 2; How to fill in the score card.
- Number 2; Responsible for score board.
- Number 3; Responsible with the opposition number 3 for deciding which wood is closest to the jack, which wood is second etc. etc. Where to place the first, second, third woods, if they are ‘counting. Must carry a ‘measure’.
- Skips; Must carry a piece of chalk for marking ‘touchers’.
- Skips; Should inform his team, in his opinion, whether to bowl forehand or backhand. Inform his team who is holding ‘short’.
- The number 2’s and 3’s should have their first wood in their hand ready to bowl when it’s their turn.
- Equipment availability a) 2-yard stick b) red and white marker discs c) wedges
- Smoking restrictions on and around the green
- Last but not least, setting out the green, which colour to use on different days, placing scoreboard, two mats, a jack, 2m stick, red and white discs, bowls collectors on each Rink. Where and why the 25-yard markers are placed.
- At the end of the match, making sure all items are put away and the shed locked.